SPACE IS LIMITED. PLEASE REGISTER AT THE LINK BELOW.
Do you feel called to get more involved in pro-life work, but don’t know where to start?
The Sidewalk Counseling Information Seminar is being sponsored by C-PLAN of Charlotte (Catholic Pro-Life Action Network of Charlotte). Its purpose is to educate, inform, and equip Catholics on how to be effective and prayerful witnesses at our local Charlotte abortion facilities, as well as ways to be more involved with the needs and ministries of the growing pro-life work in Charlotte.
The seminar will be presented by a team of our local sidewalk counseling veterans and will open with a short talk on spiritual warfare on the sidewalk by Fr. Jason Barone.
For those who would like to attend Mass, it begins at 8am in the church followed by a First Saturday rosary. The seminar will begin immediately after at 9:15am. Light snacks and drinks will be provided.
A $5 CASH donation is appreciated upon arrival to help cover the cost of materials that all attendees will receive.
Print & share our PDF flier: 2-6-16 Sidewalk Counseling Information Seminar Flier
Seating is limited, so please register your spot at the Sign Up Genius link listed below. Questions please email email@example.com. We hope to see you there!
Get the Basics on Defending Life!
———– CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ———–
Event Name: Sidewalk Counseling Information Seminar
Date: Saturday, February 6th, 2016
Location: St. Patrick’s cathedral meeting room (below the Great Hall) from 9:15am-11am, then finish at 3220 Latrobe Drive at 12pm
Registration limit: 60 people
8:45am: First Saturday Rosary
9:15am: Seminar Begins
11:00am: Drive to nearby abortion facility on Latrobe Dr. to continue seminar
Purpose: To give information on how to counsel abortion-minded women by our local pro-life sidewalk veterans ahead of the 40 Days for Life campaign to equip and encourage participants, as well as ways to get more plugged in to local pro-life volunteer opportunities.
Topics of Discussion
1. Spiritual Warfare on the Sidewalk by Fr. Jason Barone: this is a spiritual battleground, the power of prayer, and how to protect yourself, etc.
2. Abortion Procedure Details by Dr. Matthew Harrison (pro-life doctor and creator of the Abortion Pill Reversal kit): the different methods of abortion for the different fetal developmental stages, their medical risks, which ones are happening at our local clinics, and Abortion Pill Reversal info, etc.
3. Abortion from a Nursing Perspective by Kathleen Harrison (pro-life nurse): perspective on the pre, intra, and post-abortive woman with a focus on the emotional, physical, and social dynamics at play as we engage with her in conversation, to better understand her experience.
4. How to Talk to Abortion-Minded Men & Women by Brice Griffin (founder of Charlotte Center for Women): compassionate approach, effective methods, what to say and do, what not to say and do, post-abortion counseling, etc.
5. Best Counseling Resources by Francesca Sperazzo (veteran sidewalk counselor with the Charlotte Helpers): the appropriate and effective use of signs, brochures, fetal models, how-to counseling manuals, and other helpful resources to keep handy when talking to abortion-minded men and women, etc.
6. The Lay of the Land by Andrea Hines (veteran sidewalk counselor and former 40 Days for Life coordinator): the background and history of our Charlotte abortion clinics, the doctors and staff, the “bouncers”, safety issues, what activity to report if you see it, obeying the law, when to notify the police, etc.
* Leave cathedral at 11am and finish training on-site at Latrobe with the sidewalk counselors continuing to give instruction. Finish at noon.